Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:53:41 -0500
- From: Josh Glover <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
I have been playing a lot with MPEG streams recently, in the attempt to back all of my Region 1 DVDs up in preparation for the (hopeful) move to Japan. I have worked out most of the issues surrounding DVD backup on Unix (see my new QND-Guide on the issue if you are interested), but one tool that I lack is an MPEG stream analyser that works like streamanalyse or lsdvd, both from the StreamDVD project, but on an MPEG file, not a VOB file on a DVD. The information I am specifically interested in is: - stream type - stream ID - stream size (in bytes) e.g. (this is the output from the aforementioned streamanalyze): Title 1 - 29 Chapters (3530691 Blocks / 7230855168 Bytes) - Runtime 8898 sec. Track List: X 0xe0 MPEG Video 6194615223 Bytes X 0x80 AC3 Audio 510246912 Bytes X 0x81 AC3 Audio 218677248 Bytes X 0x82 AC3 Audio 218677248 Bytes X 0x21 Subpicture 4986797 Bytes X 0x23 Subpicture 4986797 Bytes X 0x25 Subpicture 4986797 Bytes X 0x27 Subpicture 4986797 Bytes X 0x20 Subpicture 4986797 Bytes X 0x24 Subpicture 4986797 Bytes Size of selected streams: 7230855168 Bytes Max. target size : 4700000000 Bytes Factor : 1.691 Seems like this should be simple enough, and I could easily whip something up in C using one of the myriad MPEG libraries, but I would rather just find a tool that handles this. --Josh "I'm not a crook" Glover  http://www.qnd-guides.net/qnd-dvd-backup.html  http://www.badabum.de/streamdvd.html
- Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- From: Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] How to set window title encoding in GNOME et al.?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] How to set window title encoding in GNOME et al.?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] How to set window title encoding in GNOME et al.?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links