Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:26:56 +0900
- From: "Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <423628F8.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: Images Through Glass
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217
Ben Konrath wrote: >On Tue, 2005-15-03 at 09:14 +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote: > > >>An easier way would be to just buy a Y10,000 used computer, put in a >>Y7,000 DVD drive and then set it to play Region-1. The firmware of a >>DVD drive sold in Japan will start on Region-2 (I think), but putting in >>a Region-1 disk allows you to change regions. >> >> > >You don't even have to do that - libdvdcss2 or libdvdread3 (not sure which >one is responsible for this) don't obey the region codes. This has allowed me >to use the laptop that I bought at Yotobashi Camera to play dvds that I >rented in Canada. Yay! > > Have you tried going back and forth from Region-1 to Region-2 with it? My understanding is that since the firmware is what allows the switch, isn't that software independent? Or is that firmware issue software induced? I hope it *is* software induced, as then I'll not have to use two computers to handle both regions!
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links