Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:12:50 -0500
- From: Ben Konrath <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <423628F8.email@example.com>
On Tue, 2005-15-03 at 09:14 +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote: > An easier way would be to just buy a Y10,000 used computer, put in a > Y7,000 DVD drive and then set it to play Region-1. The firmware of a > DVD drive sold in Japan will start on Region-2 (I think), but putting in > a Region-1 disk allows you to change regions. You don't even have to do that - libdvdcss2 or libdvdread3 (not sure which one is responsible for this) don't obey the region codes. This has allowed me to use the laptop that I bought at Yotobashi Camera to play dvds that I rented in Canada. Yay! Cheers, Ben
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
- Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- From: Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Need 2 sysadmins
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links