Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:39:56 -0500
- From: Ben Konrath <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <423628F8.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, 2005-15-03 at 15:26 +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote: > Have you tried going back and forth from Region-1 to Region-2 with it? > My understanding is that since the firmware is what allows the switch, > isn't that software independent? Or is that firmware issue software > induced? I hope it *is* software induced, as then I'll not have to use > two computers to handle both regions! I've never switched the region of the drive - in fact I don't even know how to do it because the first thing I did when I got my computer was install linux over the windows partition and peel off the windows serial number :) The way I understand it is that software which is licensed by the dvd consortium to play dvds on a computer must obey the region code of the drive. Since neither libdvdread or libdvdcss are licensed there is no reason these libraries have to follow this rule. I think that the libraries do print a warning about a region code mis-match when I use Noth American discs (region 1?) but that's the only difference. Cheers, Ben
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links