Re: [tlug] silicon cash eater

+1 for raspberry pi. I've seen a few blogs here and there hosted on them and they apparently surprise everyone with the amount of traffic they can handle. If it's not enough, buy another one. :-)

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 4:09 PM, dblomber <dblomber@example.com> wrote:

On 2017/06/26 0:31, Stephen Lee wrote:
> Do it like this guy and have a 10W idle / 69W under load machine with a
> 51W TDP skylake.
>
> https://mattgadient.com/2016/07/30/building-a-low-power-pc-on-skylake-10-watts-idle/
>
> You can probably go a little bit lower with the 35W TDP low power
> desktop skylake / kaby lake CPUs. If you want to go lower still, you'll
> probably need to go for those 15W TDP mobile CPUs on NUCs or notebook
> computers.

I am actually doing video file streaming in my home off a raspberry pi.
No USB3 support which limits the disk size though so I am planning to
get low end notebook (my DVD collection is huge and got tired of the
kids scratching them up - I was losing my money that way)