Re: [tlug] silicon cash eater

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 3:07 AM, kts <kts@example.com> wrote:
> It is interesting that my first response to computer issues is usually:
>
> BUY MORE HARDWARE
>
> when the solution can often be found in software settings…. that maxcpus=x
> line of 9 characters possibly saved me a few ¥10,000 bills…

I really doubt that statement.
Please check with a power meter when you leave use normally your
machine over the course of few days with maxcpus=x and without.
I was happy with https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01DX4JNXE , now a
useless paperweight in Germany (only 100V supported).

If your machine is idle, the CPU is really just a few watts.

Kalin.