Re: [tlug] Looking for Summer Internship in Japan

On 03/18/2015 03:19 PM, Benjamin Kowarsch wrote:
I think I have already made it clear that I do not distinguish between a
little pregnant and pregnant.

Thus it does not matter to me if by your method of measurement there is
a state you call a little pregnant or more pregnant. To me it is either
pregnant or not pregnant.

I also do not think that it is an acceptable excuse to say "but X is
even worse" when somebody points out a problem.

Also I believe that amongst all the disingenuous things one could say,
the formula "if you don't like it, then why don't you leave" is the most
disingenuous of them all.

I have worked for a Japanese company for 10 years before quiting to start a company. I worked as a full time payed employee and would still be working there if I hadn't quit. AFAICS most Japanese companies don't discriminate based on age.

They will however factor in how long they think you will stick with the company, and whether you are a good fit for the culture of the company because they are looking for long term permanent employees. If they want short term employees they will approach dispatch companies.

As a mature age candidate it will cause you problems having a resume full of 1-2 year posts and nothing to show you can operate and be effective working in the culture of the company. It will raise questions about whether you will stick around for the long term. You will also have issues if you are coming up to retirement age.

This is the quid pro quo of lifetime employment.

Edward