Re: [tlug] Experience running internet connections over old Japanese wiring that wasn't designed for internet connections

Le 18/03/2015 08:45, Edmund Edgar a écrit :
> Ideally I'd get the owner to either run lan cables up to the other
> floors and put in some more access points (or better, run cables to
> the rooms I use) but this is going to involve spending money and
> drilling holes in things, and I'm not sure if they'll be up for it.
> But I do think I'll be able to persuade them to let me plug things
> into their router.

If you're able to pull TV cables (and use them as guide) for CAT6 cable,
that might be the best option as there will be no holes and you'll have
2 extra wiring pairs for TV and Phone. You'll just need to install a
patch panel and a (if more than 2 ends) at the old TV cables hub place.

Francois