Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
>  > My tablet does already.
>
> OK, try equation (2) in Ch. IX, sec. 7 (p. 228 in my edition) of Mac
> Lane, Categories for the Working Mathematician, then.  It contains 30
> individual glyphs, all (except perhaps the open circle denoting
> function composition) denoting characters commonly used in high school
> mathematics (even in America), so shouldn't be hard for your tablet.
>
> Here's the LaTeX:
>
> \newcommand{\fend}[2]{\int_{#1}\limits #2_{#1,#1}}
>
> $$\textstyle \fend{c}{(\gamma'\cdot{}\gamma)} =
>   \left[\fend{c}{\gamma'}\right] \circ \left[\fend{c}{\gamma }\right]$$

Surely useful...

> and a PNG (I'm actually not a huge fan of the font, the one in the
> book is nicer, and the spacing of the brackets is slightly off
> compared to the book).

Who cares, really? You write that that your screen display is wrong, and the
book is good. But when writing, your feeling was about what you saw, right?
Therefore, the printing was better (or different) than your initial document.

Which one is the right one? The one which is published? The screen
copy you send?
If they are different, you see the issue.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.