Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 08:09:17PM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 11:34:30AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > >

> > I just tried on a quck F20, which is admittedly in Beta.  Firstly, they are
> > changing the default from ctl+space to super+space, perhaps in a fit of Mac
> > Envy (though Mac now has cmd+space default to search or something like
> > that, I remember having to fix it for my wife.)
>
> On a second try of F20, everything worked as expected, using dwm as my
> window manager and just starting ibus when I needed it.
> So, I dunno.  Seems that ibus-mozc is generally working for me in Fedora
> with that one exception today.

In addition, a few other things.  Firstly, one was my own error, I
generally use dwm, and my custom config.h file for dwm already has a
default for Windows key and space.  Using ibus-setup to put it back to
ctl+space fixed that part.  The other issues I was having with the test
install seem to have been from some missing fonts.  Adding a few more
Japanese fonts to system enabled me to get ibus working as desired in
almost everything.   So, I'm going to say that Fedora seems to be,
generally, alright with ibus.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6