Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 22:27:29 +0900
- From: Lyle H Saxon <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- References: <CACDLhbbQOXx_A=gS77bzbG7-cSLysxVy9E136j2RVXWQeH3UPA@mail.gmail.com> <CADLSRd4DabhBSiukE+yvwYWoF_q05StexirAe8he3hOkgLSODA@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Hideki Yamane <email@example.com> wrote: >> > 3) I installed it in English and will want to get Japanese working on >> >> aptitude install ibus-anthy and all dependencies, then configure from >> the menu. You may also need ttf-vlgothic. > > No, fonts-vlgothic. ttf-* is transitional package and gone. > And fonts-ipafont-gothic/mincho package is also good. > # Trust me, I'm those font package maintainer in Debian :) > > I recommend to use mozc, not anthy. mozc is "Google 日本語入力" opensource > version, developed by some Japanese input experts in Google (and one developer > was main developer for anthy). Unfortunately, anthy development has stopped > over years. > > # also I'm anthy package maintainer for these 3 or 4 years, but think it > as kind a legacy software... ;) Thanks for the feedback! Lyle
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links