Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 19:56:19 +0900
- From: Hideki Yamane <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- References: <CACDLhbbQOXx_A=gS77bzbG7-cSLysxVy9E136j2RVXWQeH3UPA@mail.gmail.com> <CADLSRd4DabhBSiukE+yvwYWoF_q05StexirAe8he3hOkgLSODA@mail.gmail.com>
- Organization: Debian JP Project
Hi, On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 19:07:20 +0900 Nigel Barker <email@example.com> wrote: > >1) The installation took a Really Long Time. Not sure why that is, > Net install? Probably he installed Debian with English locale. debian-installer just guesses users location with its locale, and select corresponding mirror, so selected US mirror. > > 3) I installed it in English and will want to get Japanese working on > > aptitude install ibus-anthy and all dependencies, then configure from > the menu. You may also need ttf-vlgothic. No, fonts-vlgothic. ttf-* is transitional package and gone. And fonts-ipafont-gothic/mincho package is also good. # Trust me, I'm those font package maintainer in Debian :) I recommend to use mozc, not anthy. mozc is "Google 日本語入力" opensource version, developed by some Japanese input experts in Google (and one developer was main developer for anthy). Unfortunately, anthy development has stopped over years. # also I'm anthy package maintainer for these 3 or 4 years, but think it as kind a legacy software... ;) -- Regards, Hideki Yamane henrich @ debian.or.jp/org http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links