Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 09:47:33 -0500
- From: "Daniel A. Ramaley" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- References: <CACDLhbbQOXx_A=gS77bzbG7-cSLysxVy9E136j2RVXWQeH3UPA@mail.gmail.com> <CADLSRd7sBBBocYsrdh_48OGmCCAhfV2ZLSf81-v7iEiWu+Gfmg@mail.gmail.com> <CACDLhbYvy9f4cBe26MG=VC4ZiPYdtEP2-amhDYxOBLd_AigDCA@mail.gmail.com>
- Organization: Drake University
- User-agent: KMail/4.10.5 (Linux/3.10-3-amd64; KDE/4.10.5; x86_64; ; )
On 2013-10-09 at 22:19:35 Lyle H Saxon wrote: > Didn't notice the ftp.jp mirror... next time I'll pay closer > attention! I actually did select something, but it was distant - > possibly in Europe. If you have a fast connection in Japan and use the JP mirror, you will probably be much happier with the results. I have a Linode running in the Tokyo data center and i'm always pleased with how fast it pulls down updates. You can switch your Debian mirror after the install so that you can get better speeds downloading updates. Take a look at /etc/apt/sources.list and change the hostname part of the URLs to "ftp.jp.debian.org". Do not change "security.debian.org" though; that one should be fine as-is. If you have to add any additional repositories, i'd recommend not putting them in the main sources.list; there is a directory where you can put them: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ Just create files in that with a .list extension and the apt/aptitude/etc. will pick them up. __ Daniel A. Ramaley Network Engineer 2 Dial Center 112, Drake University 2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA Tel: +1 515 271-4540 Fax: +1 515 271-1938 E-mail: email@example.com
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links