Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 22:19:35 +0900
- From: Lyle H Saxon <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- References: <CACDLhbbQOXx_A=gS77bzbG7-cSLysxVy9E136j2RVXWQeH3UPA@mail.gmail.com> <CADLSRd4DabhBSiukE+yvwYWoF_q05StexirAe8he3hOkgLSODA@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CADLSRd7sBBBocYsrdh_48OGmCCAhfV2ZLSf81-v7iEiWu+Gfmg@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM, nigel barker <email@example.com> wrote: > On 8 October 2013 19:56, Hideki Yamane <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: >>> >1) The installation took a Really Long Time. Not sure why that is, >>> Net install? >> >> Probably he installed Debian with English locale. >> debian-installer just guesses users location with its locale, and select >> corresponding mirror, so selected US mirror. > > The installer asks for your location after language selection. If you > choose "other", then "Asia / Japan", then the default mirror will be > ftp.jp.debian.org Perhaps he didn't choose "other", and got a > distant mirror? Didn't notice the ftp.jp mirror... next time I'll pay closer attention! I actually did select something, but it was distant - possibly in Europe. >>> > 3) I installed it in English and will want to get Japanese working on >>> >>> aptitude install ibus-anthy and all dependencies, then configure from >>> the menu. You may also need ttf-vlgothic. >> >> No, fonts-vlgothic. ttf-* is transitional package and gone. > > OK. Still works though :) > >> And fonts-ipafont-gothic/mincho package is also good. >> # Trust me, I'm those font package maintainer in Debian :) >> I recommend to use mozc, not anthy. mozc is "Google 日本語入力" opensource >> version, developed by some Japanese input experts in Google (and one developer >> was main developer for anthy). Unfortunately, anthy development has stopped >> over years. >> >> # also I'm anthy package maintainer for these 3 or 4 years, but think it >> as kind a legacy software... ;) Sounds interesting! Lyle
- Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- From: Daniel A. Ramaley
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Debian 7.1 New User / General Advice?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links