Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

[I forgot to make sure this went to the list...]

On Oct 9, 2013 3:06 PM, "Lyle H Saxon" <llletters@example.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:
> > As it happens I run Olde Reliable 10.04 on my main system and I don't
> > feel the slightest pressure to upgrade. I suspect the system (a Compaq
> > CQ61) will die before the pressure gets too high. With 10.04 Japanese
> > input installed flawlessly on day one.  That there are problems with
> > later editions indicates a breakdown in quality control that really
> > should not have been allowed to happen.
>
> Any security issues with running an older version?  (Isn't 10.04 out
> of support now?)

I thought it was out of support in July, but updates still arrive. I think
there was a new kernel a few weeks back.

I've noticed that most of the "urgent security" updates have been for
things I never use.  I don't run a server and I'm behind two firewalls, so
I like delude myself that I'm not really at risk.  8-)}

Jim