Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 17:06:40 +0200
- From: Benjamin Tayehanpour <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- References: <5226CC90.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <5226E364.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAJA1Y2Z0D4AnSTWxQ0f-ZT8v=O_R1kZ3GWJBGHR+T-5XGvX7Bw@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 4 September 2013 15:21, Stephen J. Turnbull <email@example.com> wrote: > When everything is on the same LAN, I don't really see why. Neither do I. This is exactly the kind of use case for which mDNS was devised. The only real drawback with mDNS is that there is no real countermeasures against poisoning/spoofing; then, again, if you are not running some sort of key authentication on any non-trivial communication, or, come to think of it, are letting untrusted people into your private network to begin with, you have got other security issues to worry about.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links