Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 15:00:48 +0900
- From: Darren Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130330 Thunderbird/17.0.5
I've been setting up the Buffalo LinkStation, which is going smoothly (and all using Linux: I'll post my notes to my blog later). It is getting an IP address from the router, using DHCP. It seems this is a Potential Problem, and I should assign it a static IP address (same subnet, but outside the DHCP address range). Is there any good reason not to do that? (The router is a Buffalo AirStation, and it also acts as the DNS server for my network. So I'm thinking maybe there is a clever option to assign a DNS name based on the mac address, and all clients would use the name not the IP address. Where I got stuck was working out how, even if it was possible, that would be better than a static IP address...) Darren
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Abandonware Site (ot?)
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links