Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 08:22:26 +0200
- From: Bruno Raoult <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- References: <5226CC90.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM, Darren Cook <email@example.com> wrote: > I've been setting up the Buffalo LinkStation, which is going smoothly > (and all using Linux: I'll post my notes to my blog later). > > It is getting an IP address from the router, using DHCP. It seems this > is a Potential Problem, and I should assign it a static IP address (same > subnet, but outside the DHCP address range). Is there any good reason > not to do that? I am not sure to understand. This kind of device should be behind your NAT/firewall, no ? Bruno. -- 2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.
- [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- From: Darren Cook
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Previous by thread: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links