Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 15:31:26 +0900
- From: Darren Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- References: <5226CC90.email@example.com> <CAJA1Y2YqCc_g18d=qPuFnFSFL5MzTkQ69bgw-qierORUABMmDw@mail.gmail.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130330 Thunderbird/17.0.5
>> I've been setting up the Buffalo LinkStation, which is going smoothly >> (and all using Linux: I'll post my notes to my blog later). >> >> It is getting an IP address from the router, using DHCP. It seems this >> is a Potential Problem, and I should assign it a static IP address (same >> subnet, but outside the DHCP address range). Is there any good reason >> not to do that? > > I am not sure to understand. This kind of device should be behind your > NAT/firewall, no ? Yes, it is. I went ahead and gave it a static IP address. Everything working fine. My question was: is there a better way, and if so, why would it (sticking with DHCP) be better? Darren
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links