Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:49:45 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- References: <5226CC90.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <5226E364.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Darren Cook writes: > *: Just thought of a reason to stick with static IP > assignments. The NAS is small enough to take with me on trips, and > well over half my LAN devices are notebooks or smaller. So it is > possible the router (with the config) might almost be the only > device left behind. :-) That is a good reason. You might want to look into mDNS (aka zeroconf) for that purpose; I wouldn't be surprised if your device supports it. (Nor if it doesn't. :-) Also, you could always run a DHCP server on your notebook. :-) True, you have to keep the config file in sync, but there's only one. Yes, I know, "that's cheating!" ;-) For bonus points (possibly including a Nobel Prize :-) figure out how to keep only one copy of the config file on the NAS.
- Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- From: Bruno Raoult
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links