Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 13:28:53 +0200
- From: Bruno Raoult <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- References: <5226CC90.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <5226E364.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > Darren Cook writes: > > > *: Just thought of a reason to stick with static IP > > assignments. The NAS is small enough to take with me on trips, and > > well over half my LAN devices are notebooks or smaller. So it is > > possible the router (with the config) might almost be the only > > device left behind. :-) > > That is a good reason. You might want to look into mDNS (aka > zeroconf) for that purpose; I wouldn't be surprised if your device > supports it. (Nor if it doesn't. :-) I just don't agree. Static IP is the best for your servers. br. -- 2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.
- Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links