Re: [tlug] [Was: Why Hollywood does break foreign films ?] Changing subject in thread.

On 17/08/13 03:48, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Yes.  You have made it clear you don't understand or respect the
> customs of this list.  That's OK, as long as you accept the
> consequence that *you* are the cause of friction, not us.

Another thing that you (Bruno, not Stephen...) need to remember is that
TLUG, like any other mailing list, is *not* a public forum. It is a
_private_ venue. It's true that anyone can join, but participation
implies acceptance of and compliance with the "house" rules, just like
in any other private community.

Given the non-public nature of it, it becomes irrelevant trying to draw
parallels with public communications channels or indeed with other
private channels (different venues, different house rules). For example,
I'm a national councillor in 41 Club[0] and I more or less *have* to
send mail using HTML so that it includes the Association logo and that
of the current National President's chosen charity. Different private
venue, different rules. I'm not going to try and tell the other members
of the national council that they should use plain text only.

There is no "one size fits all". The size that fits TLUG is plain text only.

[0] - http://www.41club.org/

--
Godwin Stewart -- <gstewart@example.com>