Re: [tlug] [Was: Why Hollywood does break foreign films ?] Changing subject in thread.

On 08/14/2013 05:14 PM, Josh Glover wrote:
My feeling is that it was so far off-topic as to be inappropriate for TLUG. OT things that are reasonable for TLUG usually have to do with Japan / Japanese / etc. Cheers, Josh

So ... the comment I screeched to a halt in sending ... the one about how my daughter gets a big kick out of NHK's "localization" of "Shaun the Sheep" (Hitsuji no Shaun) and "Timmy Time" (Chimi Chaimu)* which show that the host nationals have to translate even grunts, squeals, and mutters in order to maintain full employment in the broadcast industry ... is off topic despite being in country?

--
CL

* the one that generates the biggest giggles is that NHK has seen fit to "translate" the quotes from Timmy's teacher (the owl) from "broot-de-toot-doot" to "tot-tot-tot-tot." That and the insistence on calling "Timmy Time" "Chimi Chaimu" which she cheerfully points out to her friends upon playing her Ardman DVDs.