Re: [tlug] [Was: Why Hollywood does break foreign films ?] Changing subject in thread.

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:16:04PM +0200, Benjamin Tayehanpour wrote:
> On 15 August 2013 06:04, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> > You're part of the group; it's not inappropriate for you to ask for
> > improvements
>
> This thread seems to have strayed into "general posting mechanics", so
> I'll take this opportunity to ask: What about rich-text formatting? Is
> it safe to assume that every MUA in use nowadays can parse and use (or
> recognise and discard, depending on the capabilities of the user
> interface) rich-text, or is plain-text still the way to go? I changed
> to plain-text when I noticed that that's the prevailing trend here,
> but I sort of miss being able to italicise words and phrases.

On this list, please use plain text.
I would guess the vast majority of members on this list, especially those who
have been around for awhile, agree with me that rich text and HTML mail are
completely unnecessary.  If you must put italics because you feel people
won't understand, you can use something like * or _.

I think *we* (most long time list members) _really_ dislike the use of
these things.   (See what I did there?)

Seriously, while I don't pretend to speak for everyone (or anyone besides
myself) on this list, I think it is safe to say the majority of people
would prefer that you stick with plain text, whether it can be handled or
not.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6