Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?

2012/3/26 Jonathan Byrne <jonathan@example.com>:

> [ThinkPads] seem to have small trackpads,
> but I'll look around and see if any have MBP-sized trackpads or backlit
> keyboards.

This is a) probably not news to you, and b) probably not what you
want, but Apple sells a standalone version of their MPB trackpad. I've
seen the wireless version--dunno if there's a wired one.

> I neglected to mention one of the other Musts, which is a biggie: the
> hardware should just work, out of the box. This is a strong argument on
> the ThinkPad side, since they were always really good for that.

On my ThinkPad, everything worked out of the box, save the power
management, which I've already talked about.

Cheers,
Josh