Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:23:25 +0800
- From: Raymond Wan <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?
- References: <4F700CFE.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20120326051230.GA3827@fluxcoil.net> <CAKXLc7dD1r4e62U-mbpBY9OWiw0nSkBOCfTnuh=Q-yQgeP2fZw@mail.gmail.com> <4F7096FF.email@example.com>
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Jonathan Byrne <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > On 3/26/12 01:06 , Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote: >> I currently use Toshiba Dynabook R731/W2UB, but the current model is R731/39EB >> http://dynabook.com/pc/catalog/dynabook/120123r731/index_j.htm?utm_source=dynabook_top&utm_medium=left_navi&utm_campaign=r731 >> > Interesting that you're running a Toshiba. I've had such bad experiences > with Toshiba laptops (not just on Linux, but in general, although they > were especially bad when Linux was involved) that I literally wouldn't > take one for free. A shame, really. I love Toshiba's AV gear, but their > computers, not so much. Really? What kind of bad experiences? If someone asked me for a laptop brand suggestion, my first choice would be Toshiba, especially in Japan [they're rarer outside of Japan]. I've owned or used 3 and none of them failed on me. The two that I still own still run, even the on I purchased in the late 90s. Their batteries no longer charge and have long been recycled...but that happens with any laptop. I recall one Japanese person who questioned why I own a Toshiba laptop because they supposedly break after the warranty. So it seems many others have also had bad experiences with Toshiba... Ray
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Keyboard Location (was Favorite Linux laptops these days?)
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Keyboard Location (was Favorite Linux laptops these days?)
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links