Re: [tlug] Quoting...yet again

On 2008-12-22 17:50 +0900 (Mon), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> If you have an editor that requires your hand to leave the keyboard to
> do a block delete, and your editor is a piece of Ecmascript anyway,
> and by default your editor yanks the whole message and leaves the
> cursor at the top, well, that's a lot to fight.

I dunno about this; it seems to me that identifying and removing large
blocks of text is one of the few things where a "mousy" editor could
actually be pretty near or even as efficient as using vi.

> Or maybe you simply realize that well-written posts actually get
> read by 150 people, and the others by 1.5....

That can't be it. I'd get flamed a lot less if only 1.5 people instead
of 150 read my posts. Maybe I like getting flamed or something....

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com