Re: work times & accommodation @tokyo, WAS: Re: [tlug] Embedded linux dev wanting to find work in Tokyo.. Seeking advice.

2008/7/27 Attila Kinali <attila@example.com>:

> This i can very much understand. Even though the work laws
> in Japan are very liberal, the general attitude towards
> work and overtime is much more healthy than what i've seen
> in europe.

I think you should talk to some Japanese salarymen or even some
TLUGgers who have worked for more traditional Japanese companies. I
would not call the attitude towards work and overtime more healthy
than even the US, and Europe is supposed to be better even than that.

I guess I'll let you know in six months or so what my experience is
here in Ireland, but it seems that people work 40 hour weeks at
*most*; not at least, as is the case in the US and Japan.

--
Cheers,
Josh