Re: work times & accommodation @tokyo, WAS: Re: [tlug] Embedded linux dev wanting to find work in Tokyo.. Seeking advice.

2008/7/27 Attila Kinali <attila@example.com>:

> [W]hen some very important project was at stake, the
> whole team slept at work for weeks to be able to work more
> than 12 hours a day to get things done.
>
> I doubt that there are many gaijin that would do the same
> for more than a few days, if at all.

There are, just ask anyone who has ever worked for a tech startup
during the last Internet bubble (the one that burst in 2000).

I used to be willing to work that way, but now I have come to believe
that long hours confer a net penalty to productivity, quality, and
certainly rate of burnout.

--
Cheers,
Josh