Re: work times & accommodation @tokyo, WAS: Re: [tlug] Embedded linux dev wanting to find work in Tokyo.. Seeking advice.

> I've seen people killing themselves here for astoundingly low salaries.
> It might explain a little bit the rise of the freeters.

And literally dying. This was in the news yesterday.

http://www.asahi.com/national/update/0717/TKY200807170270.html
http://www.skylark.co.jp/news/080718_pdf/080718.pdf
(in Japanese)

The article is about the labour inspection office confirming that
Takayuki Maezawa died from a stroke caused by overwork.
He was working as a manager of a Skylark restaurant, but
was only part-time or "contract" worker.