Re: work times & accommodation @tokyo, WAS: Re: [tlug] Embedded linux dev wanting to find work in Tokyo.. Seeking advice.

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:12:25 +0900
Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> Japan has no lack of people who do reject the ridiculous work ethic, but
> I encourage you to look up the "freeters" entry on Wikipedia to see what
> they're really facing.

There is one sentence in this article that puzzled me:

"In primitive and ancient history, all teen-aged children built their
own huts or houses except for the children of the wealthy. Others lived
in a large extended family house or hut, and inherited it when the
parents passed away." (last paragraph in the Effects section)

Can anyone tell me what time in history and which region of Japan
(if it is Japan at all) this referes to?

> Learn more about the people side of management, particularly managing
> non-engineers, and you'll figure it out easily enough.

Where could i do that? Any good books to read?

				Attila Kinali

--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to