Re: [tlug] Mencoder conversion of files

Lyle H Saxon writes:
 > On Dec 3, 2007 10:57 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
 > > Lyle H Saxon writes:

 > Also, please define "HD-quality" - as there are so many factors
 > involved!  The picture resolution in one thing, and then there are
 > optics, etc., and "HD" on what size display?

I'm talking about processing it by computer; only the resolution.

 > Regarding progress in photography - the electronics keep getting
 > batter, but high quality optics are as expensive as ever.

Granted, but that end of things is not on topic here.  My point was
simply that you're not going to have to burn money on the computer and
software for much longer.

And I would dispute your claim about high quality optics; looking
around, a lot more people can afford high quality optics than could do
so 25 years ago.