Re: [tlug] gimp: gamma adjust after the fact?

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 12:19 +0900, Darren Cook wrote:ic
> knobs but not the "make photos look good" knob. Does anyone know where
> it is hidden, or what it is called, so I can use it on a photo already
> scanned in.

Not sure about gamma correction perse but if you load the photo, then go
to Layer -> Colors -> Curves, you can pull that curve up and down to
adjust the value to where you like it. Helps with brightness and
contrast. Also you can correct colors as well using that dialog box
(instead of value, select red/green/blue then play with the curve).

Other than curves the Layer -> Colors -> Levels dialog might be useful
for what you are trying to do.

HTH,
Scott VanDusen
Tokyo