Re: [tlug] Mencoder conversion of files

Lyle H Saxon writes:

 > Video is such a money-burner though....  And here I am again burning
 > money in an attempt to rescue the tapes so expensively taken fifteen
 > years ago....

If it's any consolation, it won't be a money burner for much longer.
We've reached the point where keitais are reliable enough to be used
to send video to news channels, reliable cheap easy-to-use
NTSC-quality video on PCs can't be far behind, and HD-quality video
will presumably be reliable and easy-to-use on Linux (of course it
won't be cheap for another 2-5 years because of the memory demands)
very shortly thereafter.