Re: [tlug] Mencoder conversion of files

Godwin, Attila,

Thanks for responding.

I went on the Mencoder mailing list and it has been really helpful. They provided the way to get by the audio error:

-oac mp3lame -lameopts preset=standard

And that de-interlacing is possible within Mencoder, although I haven't actually got it to work yet.

Apparently I can also append files together with Mencoder, but the cat command is actually better for my needs. I use the originals, which are already in DVD-ready format to burn to DVDs, and having them appended makes it easier to index them.

Once I get it all sorted, I'm going to look into automating it a bit more.

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G