Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

On 27/07/07, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:03:40 +0900, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:
>
> > If no one out in Internet world likes the article, it won't get read
> > much, and it can be taken down. It's hard to see where the need for this
> > high, and arbitrary, editorial standard comes from.
>
> You just said it yourself.
>
> I have to agree with Jonathan and Erin. By complying with their
> "requirements" you're giving yourself a better chance of the article being
> read.

I have to agree with Steve: it is up to Dave whether he wants to make
changes. It should not be up to the TLUG editors. The only thing that
matters is that the content is not offensive to TLUG members.

The piece is well-written, and not fraught with spelling and
typographical errors. Dave's grammar stands up well to the cursory
review I made.

And I am a writer, occasionally with a capital W.[1] So's Steve. If
any published writers on the list care to undergo a blow-by-blow edit
of Dave's piece and send it to him and me, that would be fine. Dave
can choose to ignore it or use it as he wishes.

But to not publish it on TLUG because it is "too long" is simply ludicrous, cf.

http://tlug.linux.or.jp/docs/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-paper-jp.html

I hereby move that we take a simple up/down vote on TLUG Admin. If you
care, subscribe and vote.

Frankly, I'm a little disappointed in you lot.

--
Cheers,
Josh

[1] http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/retrogaminghks/