Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

Josh, Keith, Edward, Curt, Stephen, Scott, others... there's so many messages in this thread...

So far all the votes that I have been CC'd on from the admin list have been unanimously in favor of the article going up. I won't count unhatched chickens, but I'm glad to see that the process is so far allowing me to move forward. I'm not sure when the voting closes, but I'm assuming that I will be notified of the official final result soon.

Thanks to everyone who has been supportive in all the discussion. And to those who have have pressed for more editing, please know that I understand you are trying to be helpful and appreciate your offer. I just respectfully disagree that the help is needed.

Somewhere in the maelstrom of posts, there were a few more calls for me to clarify who this article is intended for.

I didn't really write it with an audience in mind. Once the idea was sparked in conversation with Ken, it just snowballed naturally into an article. As I formulated the premise and showed earlier drafts to others, their enthusiasm in the topic convinced me that by pursuing my hypothesis, I was discovering something that others might also take an interest in.

There's no reason to presuppose any barriers to who would or should read it. But, if I had to describe an audience, I'd say the article is for people like me. When I think about the kinds of considerations I had around two years ago, just before I committed to making the switch from Windows to Linux, an article like this would have struck a chord with me. And I don't think that I represent anything unique when I think of the concerns and interests I've had in my various experiences with operating systems and software.

But that just throws out a suggestion of at least one kind of person that the article might have a particular resonance with. Ultimately, I think the article has shown itself to be of interest to some, enough for me to think that it's worth giving it the chance to see if it will be of interest to more.

Does that adequately answer the question?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04