Re: [tlug] Video Editing Soft & Formats

> - Buy a Mac or use some commercial software around there
> If I don't need a professional work, ...

Not just professionals: for people making casual movies, editing home
movies, etc. Apple's iMovie is the best software I've personally tried.
I've yet to find anything good on linux (but haven't looked in over a year).

I use ffmpeg to convert formats. There are GUI front-ends for it (though
they may only be for the windows version), but as I've already climbed
the commandline learning curve I've not tried them.

> It's a lot of material, Thank you again.
> After I try it out I will show the results.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. It would be wonderful if there
is now something easy to use on linux for number 3 of your requirements
(repeated below).

Darren

1. Take the video, resize it to a low resolution.
2. Take away audio and video quality to reduce it.
3. Take out scenes, add simple transitions, add some text at some
places and even add some extra audio at some time line.
4. Upload it to youtube.