Re: [tlug] [OT] Intel core duo errata

>> (linux is one of the OSes that never show an uptime above 497 days;
>> linux 2.6 apparently never goes above 49 days.)
>
> Typo?

No, I just was not pedantic enough. "never show an uptime..." should
read "never show an uptime to the netcraft survey...". Nothing to do
with the uptime reading on the box itself.

(Though, this reminded me: I vaguely remember years ago problems with a
router that stopped routing packets to a linux box, which I believe we
tracked down to it having been up for over 497 days. When I say we, I
mean Jim Tittsler; he understood the problem, I just stood there nodding
wisely. So it may have actually been something completely different :-)

Darren