Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

> I completely agree. I installed compiz on my machine at home. It's very
> slick but I never run it because I can't use it without Gnome. I tried
> to get compiz to work standalone, but couldn't get the dock app and root
> menu utils to build on my system. :-{  (Getting off the original thread....

Not at all: I've no idea what "compiz" is (and I don't need to for my
point here), but isn't this an argument for using gnome? In other words,
whatever is most popular will get more apps, and/or apps will build most
easily for it?

Whether "Gnome is the Microsoft Windows of linux desktops" is a good or
bad point depends on your personality/philosophy :-).

Darren