Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

On å, 2007-06-23 at 09:15 -0700, Phillip Tribble wrote:
> Thank you for telling me about Afterstep. It is now my favorite window
> manager.

If you like Afterstep, you should try WindowMaker (which I have been
using for at least 7 years). Afterstep is a hacked-up version of fvwm
(IIRC), but WindowMaker was built from scratch. (Both were designed to
look like OpenStep.) It has one of the smallest memory footprints
around, and is extremely customizable. I have my desktop set up just the
way I like it and don't have to think about it any more. Once in a while
I try something else but I just can't get it set up right, and I always
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu .at. uchicago.edu
University of Chicago (^_^)/ CCSR
ææãæåçãç -=-=- Kernel 2.6.20-gentoo-r8
If you want your program to be readable, consider
supplying the argument.              -- Larry Wall
in the perl man page