Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

Whether "Gnome is the Microsoft Windows of linux desktops" is a good or
bad point depends on your personality/philosophy :-).

I'm really curious on this point. Why do some say that Gnome is the "MS Windows of linux desktops".

I'm not trying to create a war here. I really loose sleep over this
issue. I simply want to learn why/how this opinion exists so I can
weight these comments accordingly in the future, or at least be able
to add/subtract from the debate. As it stands now it is not really a
debate; more akin to emotive statements without qualifiers. Therefore
I have no idea if this whole gnome almost equals Windows thing is a
good/bad/valid/invalid statement. Given my personality though I assume
I will not care in the end ;-)

Regards, Keith