Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

On æ, 2007-06-27 at 00:58 +0900, Pietro Zuco wrote:
> On 6/27/07, Stuart Luppescu <slu@example.com> wrote:
>
> > Sure. I have a dual-monitor setup so I cut it up into two pics:
> > http://snl.ath.cx/wmaker1.png
>
> Nice really... That bridge is the same as this?
> http://farm1.static.flickr.com/212/478416710_6ec9d32de5_b.jpg
>
> That's Nikko isn't it?

Not sure. I thought I got it from this page
http://www.webshots.com/g/32/588-sh.html
but now I can't find it there. But yours is great. I'm totally snagging
it for use in another theme.

> > http://snl.ath.cx/wmaker2.png
>
> Uhmmmm....
> I was using WindowMaker some time and then switch to other desktops,
> but... I'm gonna give it a try again. Is nice the way you configured
> it. Simple design, elegant and more tech look.

Yes, and very easy to configure. Someone (sorry, I deleted the message
already) was talking about editing Afterstep config files to set up
menus. This is possible in wmaker as well, but it's far easier to use
the built-in WPrefs app for menus and all other configuration.

> I prefer that kind of graphics. That's why I actually don't use Gnome
> or KDE, specially I'm allergic to Gnome.

I completely agree. I installed compiz on my machine at home. It's very
slick but I never run it because I can't use it without Gnome. I tried
to get compiz to work standalone, but couldn't get the dock app and root
menu utils to build on my system. :-{  (Getting off the original thread.
Perhaps I should have changed the subject line. ... No, no, not going
*there* again!)

--
Stuart Luppescu -=-=- slu <AT> ccsr <DOT> uchicago <DOT> edu
CCSR at U of C ,.;-*^*-;.,  ccsr.uchicago.edu