Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

On 6/27/07, Pietro Zuco <drzuco@example.com> wrote:
I prefer that kind of graphics. That's why I actually don't use Gnome
or KDE, specially I'm allergic to Gnome. I don't want to have a
desktop that seems the graphic menu of a PlayStation or the electronic
menu of a restaurant or even the Information pannels for tourist to
find a monument... I'm sorry Gnome users, it's nice and it have a lot
of design but I want to feel that I'm still using a computer, that's
all.

Yeah - Gnome really is horrible. I don't know why Ubuntu picked it as the default desktop. Nasty thing it is. No accounting for (lack of) taste - some people actually like Windoz too!

Lyle