Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

>> Whether "Gnome is the Microsoft Windows of linux desktops" is a good or
>> bad point depends on your personality/philosophy :-).
>
> I'm really curious on this point. Why do some say that Gnome is the
> "MS Windows of linux desktops".

Some people have wondered in this thread if distros have chosen gnome as
the default as it is closest to the way windows works. But I was making
the comparison as it seems closest to being a de facto standard for
linux desktops (being the default on many popular distros), just as MS
Windows is in the wider world of computing.

Darren