Re: [tlug] Networking two Linux computers harder than Linux toWindows? [SOLVED]

Patrick, TLUG,

Thank you for responding.

I had a sudden epiphany just a little while ago:
Firewall.

I have Firestarter installed on my server machine. So I opened it up, and opened the ports for computers on my local network for NFS. (It had NFS listed by name where one selects ports, and I opened it for every computer on 192.168.0)

And then it was smooth sailing after that. I ran the mount command and the connection was made.

And then I added an entry into fstab as described in the instructions, and the mount happens automatically at boot time. So far, at least.

Sweet.

Thanks to everyone in this thread who helped me along, and, as always, to TLUG in general for being such a great resource of help.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn