Re: [tlug] I'm a glutton for punishment - Palm Pilot and Ubuntu Dapper LTS connectivity [SOLVED]

On 木, 2006-07-27 at 16:16 +0900, Dave M G wrote:
> In it I noticed he mentions that he specifically set the Palm speed
> 115200. This is quite the opposite of other web sites which
> recommended
> slowing down the connection when it doesn't work.
>
> So, I changed the Palm, and gnome-pilot wizard to use 115200 (and
> ttyUSB1, and a timeout of 50 seconds).

Hmmm. My understanding was that the PILOTRATE variable was relevant only
to serial connections. The USB rate is not subject to manipulation.
Increasing the timeout can help a lot, though, I've found.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=-=- s-luppescu <AT> uchicago <DOT> edu
CCSR at U of C ,.;-*^*-;.,  www.consortium-chicago.org