Re: [tlug] I'm a glutton for punishment - Palm Pilot and Ubuntu Dapper LTS connectivity

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 12:57:23 -0400, Jim <jep200404@example.com>
wrote:

> Some USB devices have the ability to behave as one of
> several devices. There is the possibility that the
> disappearing and reappearing is caused by the USB
> device changing its identity to behave as a different
> device.

That sounds quite plausible - yet I wonder what the point of changing
identities is. In its inactive state the PalmPilot can't do anything,
you have to throw it into "hot sync" mode before any data can be either
sent or received. Therefore, the identity of the device in that state
is never used.

I suppose the people at Palm know what they're doing...

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Stupidity is NOT a handicap. Park elsewhere!