Re: [tlug] I'm a glutton for punishment - Palm Pilot and Ubuntu Dapper LTS connectivity

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:29:54 +0900, Dave M G <martin@example.com>
wrote:

> dave@example.com:~$ pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB1 --list
>    Listening to port: /dev/ttyUSB1
>    Please press the HotSync button now... Connected
>    Error read system info on /dev/ttyUSB1
>
> So the answer, in short, is yes, it gives me a "read system" error.

Start by tapping the hotsync icon on the handheld. Wait for it to
"reconnect" to ttyUSB{0,1}, and *then* run pilot-xfer.

Or is that what you've been doing?

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Last time someone listened to a bush, folks wandered around the desert
for 40 years.