Re: [tlug] Not the Real World

Josh,

Dave made the statement that the responsibility for being understood
lies with the writer,

Although I don't really want to get into this, I also don't want to be misquoted.

I said that the responsibility for being understood lies *equally* with both speaker and listener.

I don't believe either one can be held in constant in order to judge the other in isolation.

And that is true whether spoken and heard, written and read, displayed and watched, or whatever. Protocols change among different media, but responsibilities don't.

At least that's what I believe.

And having clarified that much about my previous statements, that's all I'll say.

--
Dave M G